OTEC International LLC (OTI) is triple bottom line driven. OTI’s innovative technical designs, unique private market perspective, and attractive prices compared to other renewables make it the market leader in ocean thermal energy conversion (OTEC).
In order to be successful, OTI believes:
- Renewable power must be sold at prices competitive to fossil fuels
- Private investors must be offered a fair return
- Government subsidies cannot be depended on in order to be competitive
- Power plants must be highly stable, reliable and cost effective
- Projects must be socially and environmentally responsible
OTI is privately funded by The Abell Foundation and is focused on marketing its technology on a global scale. OTI has executed term sheets with utilities companies for its commercial projects.